Contributors

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Another one bites the dust...

WoHoo! Another pound lost. It’s not really that exciting to lose just 1 pound, but for me I was at a plateau of about 150 for so long its great to break out of that.

The excitement of being solid in the Healthy range on the weight charts AND of having a thinner body now is far from wearing off. I was actually accused of being vain for being so excited the other day, but I really don’t think I am going to become some diva girly girl or snobby jock type person. Also there is $ savings with all my bringing lunch and eating from our garden which has been essential to this weeks success. As an added bonus I have had a refreshing cleansing of my closet, getting rid of things that are too big, worn out, or just plain not looking good on me anymore.

This weekend I had a serious exercise Saturday… about 6 hours of volleyball, one game after another, with one 30 min break, and about 3 min in between games (unless we won/lost right away).

We were visiting friends in Iowa and they were wonderful hosts! We had company for Saturday night with a great effort by Tom to get together enough food for part of the volleyball crew. Sunday a Thai food fest was planned for mid-afternoon so Brandon and I could take part. He and Tom made regular egg rolls and spring rolls, and about 3 others brought dishes to share. One was a tad too spicy for me, but I tried everything else and the flavors were wonderful!

Thanks for the wonderful weekend guys!

3 comments:

Colton Schulz said...

Oh sweet, I love Thai food. Speaking of pizza rolls and chocolate pie...

Brandon Schulz said...

I actually mentioned the pizza rolls to the folks who attended the Thai-food-fest and they didn't seem to think they were a valid form of _food_ , much less Thai food.

I finally stopped by our local Oriental food market on Monday too! That place is awesome. They have some of the freshest herbs, vegetables, and seafood in town, and pretty much everything there is cheap. I got a 1.5 pound bag of fresh bean sprouts, a big bottle of sweetened chili sauce (think really good sweet & sour sauce), and a 20 pack of egg-roll wrappers, all for something like $3.20. The chili sauce alone would have been more than that at a normal grocery or Walmart... Anyway, I took my purchases home and made myself 19 pork egg-rolls with tons of veggies from our garden.

Danielle said...

Still have 10 egg rolls left...